Thursday, January 22, 2009

Retail Therapy

There is nothing like going to the mall to make me feel better. Even if I don't purchase a thing (which I can't) I feel better. Today after picking Leiton up I went to West Acres just to walk around and look. We had lunch at yum yum Virgos which was 10.00...not exactly in our budget anymore since I am staying home but sometimes it is worth it. Then we just walked..slowly. We went to the candy store where I noticed you can stuff your own stuffed animals kind of like build a bear. Leiton got a sucker....happy boy. Then we went to the pet store and watched the cutest puppies play! We sat and watched a video of Roger Maris in the old stadium chairs....which was kind of cool! Then we just looked at clothes and shoes and makeup. If I had only known way back when in college that I could feel better just looking I would have saved ALOT of money and debt! We then went to Once Upon A Child to look for a stroller and carseat and other baby stuff. After that we had icecream cones from McDonalds...the best! We had a pretty fun day for just 12.50. Cool.

1 comments:

Vicky said...

This used to be my favorite activity when I first had Nolan. He loved being in his stroller and just hanging out and I'd look at things and then we'd share lunch... you're right. It wasn't expensive and it was a great way to get out of the house. But I had to fill up on debt too to see the beauty in not really needing stuff all the time! Great post Heather!