Thursday, October 23, 2008

I don't know how to do this!!!!!!

Ok, so I have been having discipline issues with Hali lately. Things are pretty nice and quiet until I pick her up from school. Once she walks in the door or even on the ride home all S&*$ hits the fan. I don't know if she saves it all day for me or what but she starts in on Leiton. I don't even know what happens but before I know it hair is being pulled, punches are being taken and someone is seriously crying! Before I know who to punish they start again blaming and whining and then hitting and then I lose it. Once things calm down a little we start homework or they play games or just chill in their rooms. TOday however I had to take the trampoline down for the winter. I can' even say what happened...it just excilated to a point where Leiton was whipped on the ground and hit his head. I told Hali to go inside and I thought she did. No. I tell her again she says no. I count to 3, threaten to take items away and all of this goes on until I absolutely lose it with her. Our next door neighbors are outside by the way who we don't get along with and Leiton is crying. I scream at Hali (we are in the garage now) to get her butt inside. I chase her in and with her boots on full of mud she runs to her room and slams the door. I push my way in and she now has mud ALL over the carpets! I really thought I had lost my mind I was so mad at her. Now I haven't talked to her for over an hour and I am still mad. Yesterday she kicked a hole in Leiton's bedroom door because he pulled her hair. What is going on ???? I can't do this anymore. I need this to get better!! I am becoming wicked!!! Leiton of course is the first to come to me and hug me and say "I love you mommy and so does God". What a sweet boy. How can I get that out of my 7 year old daughter??? I need to find an older child Baby Book. I wonder if Dr. Sears has wrote one of those. I may have to check.........

1 comments:

Vicky said...

Oh Heather. I'm so sorry for your anguish. Please know you are NOT alone and you are NOT a bad person or mother. I am certain your hormones are wreaking havoc on you! There are tons of discipline books... try googling it or go to Amazon.com. Or I have some for my 2nd grader who is very strong willed and spirited and you can borrow those. It is typically like a tornado when he comes home and I think he has worked so hard at being good all day and he feels like this is the only safe place that he can let it all hang out! You are so NOT alone! Hang in there!