Thursday, October 16, 2008

bored.

OK, so with only one more day of school vacation I have to shamefully say we have done absolutely nothing. I noticed this look on Leiton's face today that I have never noticed before. I asked him what was wrong and he answered.."I'm bored". Now this kid usually can have a blast with a brick for days on end however this week without anything planned for the kids I let them just have a lazy time. I was shocked that he could get bored! It must be that he is getting older or that he is used to having more of a structured day. Or maybe it's the fact that we don't live next door to their best friends anymore and can't just go outside and have kids join him instantly anymore. I feel tremendously guilty that I let him feel this way. I have been unbelievably tired and just not feeling good so I have been a bit boring I suppose. Hali has made about 2 thousand pictures of art. That girl can do art for hours and hours. We did go to the library this afternoon which was good. I think tomorrow I will make an effort for us to spend the entire day outside the house. I definately need to get out and I am desperate to see excitement in Leiton's eyes again before vacation is over. One funny thing he said was"Mom,,when is vacation going to start? and is there a bathroom at vacation?" I feel so terrible disappointing him on what vacation is...I have a feeling when the next vacation comes he won't be as excited. I really need to plan a real vacation for us soon.

1 comments:

Vicky said...

Hey Heather, I love the new look of your blog! I am so sorry you haven't been feeling well! Feel free to email me or call me if Leiton ever wants to play with Colton. I know he would be more than excited to have a friend come and play. Hang in there!