Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sickness

The flu has hit the Selseth household. Leiton woke up with a high fever Sunday morning. Hali was to get her bible in church that morning so my mom and dad were coming. My mom ended up staying home with Leiton. My dad who is still very weak from his surgery was able to come with us to church. He didn't come in or stay as we don't want him to get sick. On Tuesday morning I woke with a fever. Wow does that feel terrible. I still have to take Hali to school and take care of Leiton who is still sick with a fever. He woke up very thirsty so I let him drink as much water as he wanted. Oops! He threw that up. He did however feel better after that. In fact I was going to send him to school this morning. I took his temp and it was 101! He appears to be doing better. I guess that 24 hour rule won't allow him to go to school tomorrow again. He has missed a whole week of school! Hali has managed to stay healthy. I am so lucky to have her. She quickly takes over as mommy when she sees I am struggling. She asks if we need anything, cleans, does her homework, gets her breakfast, gets dressed, cleans her room...you name it. How did I luck out with her?? Boden has been struggling with a cold. It's his first cold and he is so congested. He hasn't had a fever so I don't believe it is the flu. I am just glad to get it and get over it. No more worrying if we are going to get it. We lived through the plague. I wonder if you can get it more than once??? HMMMmmmm I hope not.

0 comments: