Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We had a great one. We went to my parent's house in Battle Lake. We had extended family there which included my two aunts and uncle, my cousins and their 4 kids. It reminded me of holidays when I was a kid and the house was packed. The food was way too good and I hurt after eating it all. All the kids,.....yes I am still included I guess, played apples to apples which was a hoot. My aunt then got out my grandpa's old slide projector and we looked at slides of long, long ago. There were many baby pictures of me as well as others. We used to look at slides every Thanksgiving and Christmas when I was a kid and we all packed into my grandpa's kitchen. It was so fun. Leiton thought it was pretty cool. After turkey sandwiches everyone packed up and went on their way. We probably won't see everyone again for another year or two so it was kind of sad. Steve and I left the kids for the night as my parents were going to take the kids to Cupkie Village to cut down a tree and have some fun. Hali's birthday is today. She is 8!!! I talked to her a bit and I really miss her today. I got a call that Leiton was having one of his migraines this evening so hopefully he will be able to sleep it off and wake up ok. I can't wait to see my babies tomorrow and celebrate Hali's birthday at home!

1 comments:

Vicky said...

How fun to have enough family to play games with! I would love that. And a slide show, now that really brings back memories. That is exactly what we would do at my Aunt's house when I was growing up... and laugh and laugh! Hope you had fun with Hali's birthday!