Saturday, November 8, 2008

Cozy day

This morning was the first morning in a long while that was slow and easy going. The kids had managed their way up sometime during the night and we were all snuggling together and watching cartoons in bed. Steve found himself a new bed in Leiton's room. We woke slowly and then we had breakfast. It was the kind of morning I had been waiting for for a while. I had no where I needed to go but I could look out the window at the cold cold outside. I had to open the door to experience the cold so I could appreciate the coziness inside. I made coffee with pumpkin spice cream....MMMMmmm. I started cleaning which Hali noted I always seem to do when it snows. I now have a clean house with almost no dirty laundry. I caught Leiton playing on the computer. He turned around and just says "Mom, I am happy!" What more could a mother ask for. Today I have heard 2 " I love yous" from him. Hali decided to play outside...another blessing....(she has been a handful lately). Leiton just went out to find her now too. I really am looking forward to this weather and Christmas time. I put up some lights on a fake tree in the living room and already feel festive. As soon as I am done here I am going to make chicken and gravy with stuffing and mashed potatoes......I have been craving that forever! So I will end this with a Thank you to the God who makes these good days and for allowing me to learn to recognize them when I am still in the moment.

1 comments:

Vicky said...

That is such a sweet post Heather! Good for you to work at being "in the moment" cuz I know its not always easy! But I usually find its so worth it if you can! Um, and by the way, can I come to your house for supper? That sounds really yummy.